Host: Steve Macchia, Guest: Gordon MacDonald
“Expect to reorganize your interior life every 7-10 years.” –Gordon MacDonald
Gordon MacDonald’s “View From Eighty” continues in this episode with the following issues and ideas:
- Live modestly, stay free of debt, be generous, develop a financial plan, and be wary of those who try to buy your favor;
- Expect to reorganize your interior life every 7-10 years;
- Receive complements, criticism and counsel with humility and appreciation, avoid whining, complaining, self-pity and making excuses;
- Stay alert for the evils and confusions imbedded in organizational life;
- Be quick to say (with sincerity and put into writing too) thank you, well done, I’m sorry, I forgive you, and how can I help?;
- When you prepare a sermon or teaching, always ask yourself, “What difference will this presentation make to those who will hear you?”;
- Be alert for the sensual “triggers” that sometimes follow intense spiritual ministry; and
- Return to the cross regularly: express your gratitude, name your sins and resentments, pray for the world, and listen for God’s calls to do mighty things.
Join the conversation about spiritual discernment as a way of life at www.LeadershipTransformations.org and consider participation in our online and in-person program offerings. Additional LTI spiritual formation resources can be found at www.SpiritualFormationStore.com and www.ruleoflife.com and www.healthychurch.net.