Host: Steve Macchia, Guest: Gordon MacDonald
“Your number one priority in the Lord’s work is your family.” –Gordon MacDonald
“The View from Eighty” is a synopsis of Gordon MacDonald’s discernment today. What are the 15 things I’ve observed in myself and others, that make you either a success or failure in life and ministry, fulfilling all that God invites? In this episode we cover the first 7 items:
- Prioritize the most significant people in your world;
- Never (ever!) stop growing; stay responsive to fresh ways and ideas that sustain your physical and mental health; ask great questions; enrich your wisdom and spiritual life;
- Be more a priest and less a preacher; bless people and don’t bully them;
- The time will come when you will have to relinquish titles and privileges and slip into obscurity;
- Anticipate those occasions when you may suffer, fail, doubt, face conflict, and experience loss;
- Be trustworthy and reliable, a person who keeps his/her word; don’t make promises you can’t keep; and
- Be a spiritual father/mother to teachable people who may someday inherit your responsibilities.
Join the conversation about spiritual discernment as a way of life at www.LeadershipTransformations.org and consider participation in our online and in-person program offerings. Additional LTI spiritual formation resources can be found at www.SpiritualFormationStore.com and www.ruleoflife.com and www.healthychurch.net.