Are you yearning to join a community of leaders who share a common passion for spiritual formation?
If you're looking for...
- › A more contemplative lifestyle in the midst of the growing demands of leadership;
- › A caring, listening, and discerning community of sacred companions;
- › And resources to help you care for the souls of others in your ministry context...
Then, LTI's Emmaus — a 1-year retreat-based leadership community — is for you! Come and journey with others who hunger for rest, renewal, encouragement, and deeper
Optional: Certificate in Spiritual Leadership is offered to those who complete two full years of Emmaus (one year commitment at a time), with additional written and reflection assignments as noted on the Emmaus website. Additional $250 per year.
Apply Now for Fall 2013!
Emmaus: Fostering a Leadership Lifestyle of Discernment and Renewal
Emmaus - LTI's Spiritual Leadership Communities are unique groups of leaders who desire ever-deepening attentiveness to the presence and movement of God within their lives and among one another. Each community gathers together for four topical retreats over a period of nine months, which include times of prayerful community, shared spiritual journeys, and exposure to practical resources and training. Each retreat is designed to provide a spiritually enriching environment for ongoing encouragement and growth, whereby spiritual formation, discernment, and renewal are significantly enlarged in the hearts of leaders. It is our hope that by coming alongside and engaging with one another in unhurried, reflective/contemplative retreat settings we will develop a lifestyle of spiritual formation that will impact our personal walk of intimacy with Christ and ultimately infiltrate our daily ministry context.
Each retreat begins 9AM Tuesday and concludes 1PM Thursday and will include large and small group sharing, worship, fellowship, teaching and prayer, as well as spacious and restful times in silence and solitude. Each retreat will ensure the following offerings:
- › A listening community of sacred companions who desire time to share, learn and grow together
- › State of soul reflections which serve as our re-introduction each retreat
- › Scripture, prayer and reflective disciplines that keep us focused on biblical, contemplative and Trinitarian means of grace
- › Crafting a Rule of Life as the core of our personal growth and spiritual formation group sharing
- › Worship times as a community scheduled throughout each retreat
- › Silent breakfasts both mornings to reinforce the mysterious ways community is formed
- › Silence and solitude blocks each afternoon for personal and spiritual reflection
- › Book study, group discussion and topical teaching sessions based on the retreat theme
Certificate in Spiritual Leadership (Optional)
Certificate of completion received after participation in both the Pilgrimage and Pathway Years (all 8 retreats); written reflection papers (2-3 pages) on each theme book assigned; crafting of a personal rule of life; completion of an action plan for developing spiritual leadership in your broader life, workplace, and/or ministry context; taking the Enneagram, MBTI or similar self awareness tool; and participation in mentor meetings between each retreat (1 hour session in person or on Skype three times each year). Additional $250 per year fee applies.
"Leadership without community is a tough journey for those in pursuit of spiritual health and vitality--join us on the Emmaus Road today!"
Pathway Year (2013-2014)
- Spiritual Attentiveness: Hearing God Whisper Our Name
Sept. 24-26, 2013
- Spiritual Formation: Role of the Holy Spirit in Life Transformation
Dec. 3-5, 2013
- Spiritual Discernment: The Voice of Jesus
March 4-6, 2014
- Spiritual Community: Seeking God Together
April 29-May 1, 2014
Pilgrimage Year (2014-2015)
- Spiritual Autobiography: The Gift of Being Yourself
Sept. 23-25, 2014
- Spiritual Leadership: Leading Like Jesus
Dec. 2-4, 2014
- Spiritual Practices: Scripture, Prayer, and Reflection
March 3-5, 2015
- Spiritual Renewal: The Joy of Sabbath Rest
May 5-7, 2015
Fill out and submit the online application along with an application essay and $50 application fee.
Cost: $1,600 per year* (fall/spring). Monthly payment plan is available as well as limited scholarship aid. Contact Diana Bennett at Diana@ltinc.org.
Cost includes overnight lodging and meals, plus onsite printed materials and instruction. Each participant is responsible to acquire approximately four books per year.
*Optional Certificate in Spiritual Leadership, add: $250 per year
Wonderland Conference Center
10 Capen Hill Road
Sharon, MA 02067
(all single occupancy rooms)
Rowena Day on the gift of community she found in Emmaus.
Dan VanHorne shares about his Emmaus journey in this short video.
Alison Cook talks about the gift of sacred companionship through Emmaus.
"The spiritual friendships I've formed though my involvement with Emmaus have been places of real encouragement—not only for me personally but also as a reminder for what God is doing in the hearts of other church leaders. One specific way that this community has encouraged me is by reminding me (and softly exhorting me!) to honestly and faithfully lean into who God is calling me to be, which has freed me up to more fully do what God is asking me to do. Words like freedom, grace, wisdom, rest, authenticity, and joy come to mind as I reflect back upon my experience with Emmaus."
Minister of Small Groups
Park Street Church, MA
"Emmaus helped to continually orient me to the presence of Christ during a long season of ministry transition. Retreats provided depth of both content and relationships, as well as time for reflection. Our gathering times of listening and reflecting were transformational! Shared meals were contagiously fun. The books and practices between retreats provided continuity so that the process of becoming aware of and responsive to the still, small voice of the Lord has had a fruitful impact on both my personal and professional life."
Counselor, Mentor, and Ministry Leader
-- Dietrich Bonhoeffer