Church Administration Resources
Church Administration Resources — Utilizing All That is Available
There are many church administration resources available to you that you may not even know about. Reach out for help and see what's out there. In today's technology-driven environment, you can access and interface with niche vendors, experts, outsourced solutions, and more in just minutes via the Web. You're doing it now, in fact!
Church Administration Resources — Helpful Links
Here are a few links to church administration resources that you may or may not be aware of that could be helpful resources to
Church strategic planning is vitally important. The strategic plans you agree on together — under the leadership of the Holy Spirit — will shape your church's effectiveness in the months ahead. It's worth the effort - guaranteed!
Church Strategic Planning - Seven Planning Questions
In church strategic planning, the seven major questions that must be answered by you and your church leaders are:
- › Banking/Lending: Evangelical Christian Credit Union (ECCU) - ECCU is distinct among financial institutions. As a member-owned financial cooperative, they work exclusively with non-profit evangelical organizations. Since 1964, ECCU has been serving the financial needs of evangelical churches, Christian schools, ministries, and ministry-minded individuals. Their membership resides in all 50 states and over 109 countries. A free subscription to their Ministry Banking Today e-newsletter will provide you with the latest information on financing, cash management, and investing.
- › Outsourced Human Resources: The Personnel Department - For small to medium-sized churches, utilizing an outsourced HR provider can be a prudent move to save time and money while gaining the expertise and clout of an HR firm. The Personnel Department provides outsourced payroll, HR administration, benefits administration, and government compliance. Partnering with a niche vendor like The Personnel Department can give you the expertise of a specialized HR team at a fraction of the cost of full time in-house HR staff member(s). Outsourcing this function can also allow the church administrators to focus on more mission-critical tasks.
- › Keeping up with church administration issues/trends:
- Church Executive Magazine - Church Executive magazine is the leading information resource for senior pastors, executive pastors and business administrators of the nation's largest Christian churches. Every month the magazine delivers essential reading on issues like finance, construction, taxes, management and maintenance.
- XPastor - XPastor is an organization that provides resources for executive pastors and church administrators. They hold an annual event in Dallas each February. They also offer a subscription to a free monthly e-newsletter which contains helpful and practical church administration content written by XP's and administrators around the country.
- National Association of Church Business Administrators (NACBA) - NACBA is an interdenominational, professional, Christian organization which exists to serve the church by promoting the highest level of professional competence in individuals serving Christ through administration in local churches.
- Christian Management Association
- Church website creation/administration:
- › OurChurch.com - OurChurch.Com was founded in 1996 with a vision to make it possible for every Christian church to build and create an easy, affordable Christian website. Their web hosting company was one of the first - secular or Christian - to develop its own automated web builder, and the first to offer free Christian website hosting.
- › Church Site Creator - An affiliate of ChristianityToday.com, ChurchSiteCreator.com seeks to "equip churches worldwide with an affordable, easy-to-use, church website creation tool, that allows them to broaden their reach and communicate more effectively with members."
Executive Vice President
Christianity Today International, IL
"Steve Macchia is at it again. His burning passion to see churches achieve maximum health has taken the next step. CHAT (Church Health Assessment Tool) provides churches with an easy-to-use look at themselves that could move many congregations toward the health that Steve (and, more importantly, the Spirit) envisions."
New Way Ministries, CO
"Without a doubt, one of the greatest needs of a large number of churches in America is to become more healthy. Leadership Transformations' new CHAT survey should be a great help to all who use it. It is a joy to recommend it to you!"
The Mission America Coalition, CA
Steven A. Macchia
Founder and President